10 Anxiety Busters
Prescription drugs are the usual ways adults deal with anxiety disorders. The issue with anti-anxiety medication is that they don’t really solve the real problem, but only provide symptomatic relief. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
It is helpful for everybody, whether or not you suffer from anxiety and stress, to know that there are alternatives to drugs. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. This tea can help you sleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. The sedative components in the tea brings you to a relaxed frame of mind.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin which is related to the cure of many anxiety disorders. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Another food that can enhance your mental and psychological well-being is avocado. They contain potassium, a chemical substance that lowers blood pressure. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. Dark chocolate can induce calmness and relieve stress more than milk chocolate and white chocolate, because the latter has much more added sugar, milk, and saturated fats which are unhealthy.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Among its health benefits turmeric can help in digestion, healing, and reducing joint inflammations.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Vitamin B is also necessary for methylation, a process responsible for serotonin production.
9) Eating oysters can increase your intake of zinc, an essential mineral that your brain requires to behave normally. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. Probiotics, such as kefir can help keep the balance of bacteria in your stomach.